Monsoon season is around and we all want to munch on hot and crispy pakoras and bhajiyas, but little do we know that they only give us empty calories and hardly any nutrition. Monsoon season brings with it a package deal of infectious diseases like malaria, dengue, cholera and viral infections and it is necessary to keep our immune system strong to avoid these.
Here are a list of fruits that come during the monsoon season and are loaded with nutrients which help boost the immune system.
1. Cherries – They are available in abundance during monsoons they are low in calories and contain antioxidants which help fight infections apart from this they also have anti carcinogenic properties and help lower blood pressure.
2. Plums – They are an excellent source of dietary fibre, copper, potassium, Vitamin C and K. They also help fight cancer cure constipation and fight infections.
3. Peaches – They are a good source of Vitamin A, C and carotene, also contain dietary fiber. They also have fluoride which aids dental health.
4. Jamuns – They are rich in vitamins, potassium, folate and iron they also aid lower blood sugar levels and heal gastric dysfunctions.
5. Litchi – They are rich in antioxidants helps the body to fight infections and boosts the immune system. It is also rich in Vitamin C which helps during common cold caught commonly during monsoons.
Please include these 5 fruits in your daily diet during the monsoons to keep your immune system strong and helps one fight the infections.
Stay home and Stay Safe