Rajgira / Amaranth is a power house of nutrients. It is an important grain used in india during fasting but looking at its health benefits it should be included in regular diet also.
- Rajgira is a good source of calcium , contains twice the amount of calcium as compared to milk, hence helps combat osteoporosis.
- Rajgira is the only grain which contains vitamin C.
- The presence of amino acids makes rajgira a perfect fasting grain. It curtails hunger and is easy to digest also keeps one satiated for long.
- Rajgira is gluten free and the presence of flavonoids makes it suitable for people with irritable bowels.
- Rajgira is a healthy heart grain since it contains unsaturated fatty ccids and soluble fiber , It also helps reducing cholesterol levels.
Looking at the long list of health benefits of Rajgira I believe it has rightly got its name which in Greek means immortal or everlasting.