Winter is here and so are the chances of falling sick. Winter brings with it cold and flu, but a strong immune system can help combat these.
Lets take a sneak peak into our kitchen and include these simple foods in our daily diets to avoid flu and colds and enjoy this lovely winter.
- GARLIC – garlic has lot of medicinal properties and helps our body fight flu and cold. It contains sulphur which helps in absorption of zinc which in turn boosts the immunity. Garlic is also rich in antioxidants and helps fight colds.
- GINGER – The antibacterial nature of ginger supports the immune system and also soothes nausea and sore throat.
- CITRUS FRUITS – They are a power house of vitamin C which helps in the production of white blood cells which help strengthen the immune system.
- SPINACH – This natural immune booster is a “super food.” It contains folate, which helps the body make new cells . Spinach promotes the production of white blood cells which is a very important factor in boosting immunity. It also has fiber, antioxidants such as vitamin C, and more. Spinach also contain various antioxidants and beta carotene which may aid the immune system in fighting infections.
- HONEY – Honey has countless medicinal properties that help in curing a sore throat . It is a storehouse of antioxidants and helps fighting infections. It is also a good cleasnser and toner for the skin.
- TURMERIC – Turmeric commonly known as haldi is commonly found in all Indian households. It has incredible healing properties. It is a anti septic , anti-viral , anti-fungal , anti-bacterial and anti-carcinogenic. A lipopolysaccharide in turmeric helps boost immunity. Curcumin is a polyphenol present in turmeric which is known to have anti-inflammatory properties.
So let’s enjoy the cool winters by using these power boosting foods in our daily diets.